Wednesday, 1 September 2010

New year, new challenges

I know its only September but for me the new year begins. That is the new academic year.

It only seems 5 minutes since I handed my last essay in way back in May, then I was looking forward to a summer of freedom and to be able to enjoy the warm weather free of the stresses of study. It didn't transpire like that though. I started a new course and the weather by and large was rubbish with the odd warm rain free day here and there, mostly when I was at work.

I am on a fortnights holiday, the idea behind it was to have some time to unwind and chill out before the new year began. What happened? Work was desperately short staffed and I ended up volunteering for 4 shifts. Things are "up in the air" at work and my attempts to get a new job have so far failed. However on opportunity has arose, to do something I really enjoy-a little bit of teaching.

During my holiday I have done a few things, I have visited my nana and had a day out, where it rained heavily, all day. I had other things planned but they have failed to transpire. Still there is time yet to do something with the remainder of my holiday other than housework and studying, although I don't start till the middle of the month I want to get started early I have my study notes just not the relevant textbooks. This last module looks to be both interesting and tough and I desperately need to do well in order to get a "merit".

Life is very busy at the minute as not only have I got my studies to concentrate on but also I have the new summer term coming up and I have training to do for the leaders of the children's clubs I volunteer for and I need to get myself up to speed with the latest policy documents in preparation for this. Plus I have been asked to do a talk to the children on issues affecting them.

I took my nebuliser in yesterday for its annual service, I was shocked to discover that it now costs more than buying a cheap but half decent nebuliser, this is without all the other costs that come with being a nebuliser user.

All the animals are fine, I have two guests. Foster boys, they are delightful animals but there isn't the room for them and they are getting under my feet a bit but all the same I am enjoying their company.

Talking of pets, I must dash as I have my friends gorgeous cat to feed and I want to spend some time with him like I normally do and I don't think his mummy would be too keen to come home exhausted only to find me still invading her house and her cats attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment