
Ok, admission time now. I am one of the few people that did not get swept along with the Harry Potter craze, I failed to stand in queues outside of Waterstones at midnight awaiting the release of the next book. I did not bother going to the cinema to watch each film as they were released, though I did see the first film.
That, now has all changed. My friend B asked if I would like to go and see the latest film, to which I answered in the positive, admitting though that I was yet to read any of the books. As a gift B very kindly bought me a beautiful box set of all 7 books and I admit I am now addicted, I have read the Philosephers Stone I am now working my way throught The Chamber of Secrets. I am so pleased that I hadn't followed them from the start as I simply couldn't wait for the next one to be released, I would be one of those waitng outside Waterstones at midnight, first in the queue.
All this has rather an unfortunate side effect, my plans were to recommence studying in August in order tie up some loose ends from last year and commence this years study a few weeks early, I like to do this as I often suffer from chest infections and colds in the winter meaning that it is then all too easy to slip behind. The pain from my arthritis also adds to the difficulties making it harder to concentrate, harder to get out of bed, making me more irratable and therefore more prone to stress and the pain killers often add to the difficulities, by making me drowsy. These plans have now gone by the wayside and time with Harry Potter has taken its place.
No comments:
Post a Comment